Friday, November 11, 2011
Snuggle time!
I have one snuggly toddler and one independent toddler. They've been that way ever since they were newborns. Chase was my more high needs baby who needed to be held all the time. He's still very much a snuggler now as a toddler. He likes to give hugs and kisses, needs a little more comforting at times compared to his brother, and loves to just sit on your lap for some quiet time. Ethan, on the other hand, likes his space (though lately, he's been big into giving hugs. LOVE it!). He did take naps on me for the first 4.5 months, and then we would co-sleep at nights and on weekends during naps once I went back to work. But once Ethan started sleeping through the night, that was the end of my snuggle time with him. I miss it :-(. But this past weekend, both boys came down with colds. Ethan struggled going to sleep last Saturday night. Normally, all I can to do to calm him back to sleep is go into their room, pick him up, give him a bear hug, put him down, give him his stuffed Phillie Phanatic, and he'd go right back to sleep. Easy, peasy. But last Saturday night, he wasn't having it. Knowing that this behavior isn't normal for him, I decided to take him into our room to try and snuggle him and see if he'd fall asleep. He resisted at first, thinking it was play time. Then he settled down in arms, as relaxed as he could be, and just babbled- "Ma! Mama! Ma! Mama!" in this relaxed sleepy voice for about 5 minutes. Then he finally drifted off to sleep and I got some snuggle time in with my sleepy baby. It was such a wonderful moment to treasure because I have no idea when I'll get the chance to have him sleep in my arms again. He likes his space and his crib too much. So it was nice to that extra little bit of snuggle time with my independent baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment