Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Goodnight Moon!

Every night before bed, we have some snuggle time in our cozy reading nook.

We read a few stories- currently we are reading Christmas themed stories. The last story we always read is

E&C love when we hang out upstairs and they get to play with their books and pull them off the shelves. Ethan, in particular, does his excited squeal of happiness when he sees Goodnight Moon! One day after playing upstairs, I couldn't find Goodnight Moon at bedtime. No worries! Thanks to my mom and sister, who asked everyone to bring their favorite book to my baby shower, we had another copy of Goodnight Moon. A few days later, after playing upstairs, I can't find the second copy of Goodnight Moon. Hmmm.....Ethan likes to hide things (see this post), so I searched the upstairs for both copies. Under the cribs, behind the cribs, in the bathroom, in the spare bedrooms, behind the rocking chair, in the laundry room, everywhere I could possibly think of and still I couldn't find either copy. I gave up searching and just kept checking occasionally, but no luck. I joked around that Ethan made the connection that Goodnight Moon meant bedtime, so he hide it in an effort to avoid bedtime. So we just focused on reading Christmas books before bed. This is our favorite Christmas book.


One night, I knew that they had dropped this book


behind the pack and play in our room (look at my little cutie!)


so I decided to go get it to put it back on the shelf. Low and behold, both copies of Goodnight Moon were also behind the pack and play! Woohoo! We can get back to our normal bedtime routine! Two days later, Goodnight Moon is missing again! Check the pack and play again, and there it is! Someone is really trying to avoid bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment