Sunday, October 30, 2011

Autumn Wonderland!

We were surprised by an autumn wonderland this weekend! A rare October snowstorm! We got about 6-8 inches of snow and lost power twice due to the wet leaves on the trees bringing down power lines. We first lost power around 4:30pm on Saturday, so it was a dinner out for us! Then I took the boys to Club Kid to burn off some energy and hoped that the power would be back on when we got home. Thankfully, it was, so bedtime wasn't as stressful as I thought it was going to be. We lost it again around 10:00am on Sunday morning and got it back around 2pm. Thankfully, this time we had Adam's cousin's birthday party to go to, so we had somewhere warm to hang out. I had been prepared with E&C's snow suits (I scored a deal from Carter's a few weekends ago), but we didn't have snow shoes or hats or gloves yet, so we made a quick trip to Kohl's to pick up that stuff, plus some fleece PJs in case we didn't have power overnight.

Once Adam woke up from sleeping (he works 6pm-6am), we adventured out in the snow! Both E&C weren't quite sure what to think of all this cold, wet, white stuff. Add in the huge puffy snow suits that make it difficult to walk and sit, and E&C didn't like the snow at first. We went around back to play and they slowly warmed up a bit. Chase enjoyed sitting and eating the little snow balls that Adam was throwing at him and Ethan still wanted to go down his little slide. We played for a little bit before going inside and quickly realizing that we had lost power- BOO!

There's been a lot of comparisons of this year's weather to the year 1972 (flooding, snowtober, etc), but thankfully, the rest of the 72-73 season only had 6 more inches of snow. After this year's crazy weather (tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, and early snow storms- all in Central PA!), I was a bit worried about a horrible winter. One or two more good snow storms (in January please!) and I'll be happy!




Snow angels!




Compared to last year :)


This much snow in October??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment