This week, the boys were lucky to have Grandmom come watch them for a few days. She got to come to a Kindermusik class with us, we went out for dinner to Friendly's (my favorite kid friendly restaurant), and did some shopping at Kohl's.
This weekend was busy, but fun! On Saturday, we had a 1 mile fun run/walk to benefit flood victims in my school community. I got to see my co-teacher's 3 month old baby- sigh! I miss those early baby days! In the evening, we had a hay ride/campfire with our local twin group. I organized the event, which always brings me great anxiety worrying that people will have a good time. We only had four families come, but when they're twin families, the kids add up quickly! We took a hay ride to our bonfires, roasted hot dogs, and made s'mores. Ethan and Chase made some new friends with some older twin girls, who just adored the boys. They were busy helping Chase walk and running around with Ethan. Ethan was exhausted by the time we got home and so cranky, but I just see that as a sign of a wonderful time he had. It also sounded like the other families had a good time and I even overhead someone say "We should do this again next year!" I was probably worried about nothing, but I always do.
Today, my Aunt Megan, my sister, and my mom came to visit. My cousin and her two kids were supposed to come as well, but weren't able to make it at that last minute. That ended up being for the best. We just got to relax and talk and enjoy the boys playing. My aunt is going through chemo treatment and I know the boys brighten her day. This is the second time she's asked to see them since starting chemo (last time we went to her) and visits like this weren't the norm before. We went out to dinner and had a wonderful time talking and catching up. A great way to end the weekend!
I need a better way to keep track of my blessings. There were a lot more times during the past two weeks that I thought "I want to remember that!", but I didn't have paper and a pen around me or my computer to write things down. I have a horrible memory now (gotta love the pregnancy turned mommy brain!), so relying on my memory was horrible this week. I need to figure something out so I don't forgot more memories!
Blessings!
6. First time eating popsicles by ourselves
7. Two tiny steps for Chase
8. A visit and dinner with Aunt Megan, Aunt Katie, and Grandmom.
9. And only two more chemo treatments for Aunt Megan.
10. Seeing a community come together to walk/run to raise money for their fellow community members affected by the flood
11. Twin group fun roasting hot dogs and making s'mores
12. Making new friends with fellow twins and having a blast running around with them
13. Ethan doing all the motions to Itsy Bitsy Spider with great animation
14. A fun day at the farm at Cherry Crest Adventure Farm
No comments:
Post a Comment