I'm still not big into blogging yet, but I do find it intriguing. There are so many wonderful writers out there that are able to clearly articulate their thoughts and I know I don't have that gift, which is why I've always been so hesitant about blogging. But I was reading another twin mom's blog and noticed that she was counting up blessing. I was intrigued. I read back through her blog a bit and found that she based it off of this blog. What a wonderful way to savor each moment and focus on the wonderful blessings that my boys are in my life. And since my goal for blogging is to record our daily lives, slowing down and focusing on the little blessing in life seems like the perfect way to do it.
I could also use a positive energy boost. I'm a working mom. I don't want to be a working mom. But unfortunately, current circumstances require that I work. I'm hopeful that things may change in the future, but as for now, I work. We're blessed that my mother-in-law watches the boys on the days we need her and that we only need her 7 days a month because my husband works nights and weekends. It's a rough schedule on us as a couple, but a wonderful schedule in that my boys get daddy days, mommy days, grandma days, and family days. I can't ask for any more than that. And I am grateful to have a job since I need a job. I know that so many are looking for jobs and unable to find one. I am blessed in that sense. However, where I work is in a current state of turmoil. I won't go into details seeing as the blogging world as far as I know is completely open and you never know who is reading (very few I'm sure, this is more for me), but seeing as I am grateful for my job, I don't want to take any risks. It could be a very stressful year, but I think focusing on blessings will help make the year less stressful.
So here goes my list! Let's start with the big blessings in my life.
1. My amazing twins. The day they were born changed my life forever. I had dreamed about motherhood for two years while dealing with infertility and I'm thrilled to say that motherhood is everything I dreamed of and more!
2. My wonderful husband. He loves, supports, cares, laughs with, pushes, tolerates all that is me. He is my best friend and I don't know where I would be without him.
3. My job. If it weren't for waiting to spend as much time as possible with my boys, I would truly have the perfect job. Spending the days with amazing little brains that absorb so much information, watching the spark as a struggling student gets it, wonderful colleagues who would do anything for the kids. I get holidays with my family, a schedule that is family friend, and the summers off. I truly am blessed to have my job.
4. Our families. We have wonderful families who would do anything for us. As dysfunctional as they can be (and whose family doesn't have dysfunction!), we are lucky to be a part of a loving family.
5. My home. Let's get slightly materialistic here. A big part of the reason I can't stay at home is due to the house we bought back when we were struggling with infertility. We need two incomes to live here. But I love my home. And it truly is our home, not just a house. This home is full of such wonderful memories and I do get such a sense of peace and happiness when I pull into the driveway knowing that I'm HOME.
My 5 biggest blessings. In the future, I'll just be jotting down the little blessings in my life, but I had to start out with the biggest and the ones that keep me grounded. 5 down and 995 to go. Things are about to get a little more thankful around here!
I like it. :D
ReplyDeletewelcome to blogging :) you have some cute kiddos! i found you through M&M...now you have two followers!
ReplyDelete